Ivans FCE

Hi guys. Just found your forum & read shed loads of good stuff.
One problem I have is the FCE I fitted in the summer. As it's cooling down now I am getting the error code 20 & the engine management light showing. I have the explanation from Ivan's as to the reason for this.
"
The code 20 is normal during cold start/warm up.... it will only happen when the
outside air is below 45 -50 degrees or so..... This cannot be fixed and is
normal.... if the bike is kept in a warmer place the light won't come on.
All they have to do is warm up the bike, when it gets to 120 degrees or so, just
shut it off, and re-start it, and the light will go off.

Once the outside temp goes up a bit, the light won't come on during warm up anymore.

The code 20 is a voltage comparision between the barometric pressure sensor and
the intake air pressure sensor..... since the FCE is connected to one of these
sensors, during cold start/warm up, it can have an effect.
This is due to the fast idle circuit and engine vacuum causing the sensor to get a
stronger signal and triggering the FCE's circuitry..... to fix this problem would
require a much more expensive product with more wires that need to be cut and more
expensive to produce.

Do not replace this product for a code 20 or 19........ 19 is: bike in gear and
sidestand down w/key on, engine off (also normal with FCE)”

Has anyone else had this problem??
Cheers.
Dean.

Good information for those who have installed one. I don't have one but if I did, it would be doing the alarm thing about half of our riding season. I'm surprised a product like the FCE would cause that kind of alarm just because of low start-up temp.

As Ivan stated it's quite common for it to trigger codes 19 and 20. I used to get the 19 code until I figured out that I shouldn't shut it off by using the side stand. Now when I turn it on I make sure it's in neutral if side stand is down and no more codes.

As for code 20 I am sure it's coming too, but it hasn't been cold enough here yet to trigger it. As long as you know what situation causes the code it's easy enough try and avoid them.

Back