Ivans ECU question's???

dugancFz1

Contemplating sending my ECU to Ivan and I have a few questions. Is this worth doing w/o having a full exhaust and if I add a full exhaust later will I be charged for a Stage 4 map? My current setup is Two Bros/db killer, Lars/K&N, PC V, geared?
Also anyone know if Ivan accepts Paypal?

Ivan has maps for all stages and he will supply a map for free. He will send you all the maps if you ask nicely.
Yes, even a stock bike would benefit from the flash.
I'm pretty sure he does accept PayPal.

Anybody give me a short tutorial on how to remove the ECU? Sending to Ivan for re-flash, but not sure how to remove it. I have a 2008 FZI and I understand the ECU is located below the air box. However, before I start disconnecting things, I'd really like some pointers from someone who's done it. BTW, searched but did not find. Thanks.

Ecu on these bikes is tucked under the airbox. Horrible placement.
Remove the inner/black panels
Remove tank nose/cap panel
Lift/pivot tank up, no need to remove fuel line
Remove top of airbox
Remove stacks
Remove lower/remainder of airbox
Ecu is tucked up where frame comes together for steering stem
(I believe this is about all there is..).

Another very satisfied customer of Ivan's Performance Products, ECU flash! Driveability is very much improved. It's virtually a different engine, now with a smooth power delivery through out, removal of annoying throttle transitions - especially between shifts with closed throttle - and smoother shifting into gears. I must confess, I did not follow Ivan's install instructions. However, I will eventually update my PCV with Ivan's map for my set-up. I just plugged the ECU back in and magic. Ivan's ECU flash for 2006-2015 FZ1 will vastly improve your enjoyment of your FZ1, at least that is my prediction based on my experience. To quote an overused line from TV commercials: My only disappointment is I didn't have Ivan re-flash my ECU sooner.
The re-flash is worth every penny IMHO.:sport12:

For Ivans tunes you will need a PCV along with his ECU flash. There is another guy that does these also his name is FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT - Home. He can either flash the the ECU to remove the all the restrictions for $85 dollars or Tune the bike and remove all the restrictions for $200 all without having a PCV. Both guys have a good reputation.

Back