Issues with Ivans Jet kit

Hello everyone!
Sometime last year me and my father installed one of Ivan's jet kits on my '02 along with a GYTR shorty slip on and new carb boots. first couple weeks the bike ran PHENOMENAL so smooth and the extra power, it was like a whole new bike and I couldn't be happier, couldn't believe how good we had it running! BUT after those couple weeks or roughly 4-500 miles (maybe) it was no longer running smooth, it seems lean under 2-2500ish rpms it cuts out and isn't very smooth anymore at idle and seems to hiccup at times starting off with smooth throttle and then there is absolutely zero issues after about 4k rpms. We have triple checked the syncing, that's good, and messed with the mixture screws with no success, and checked for any air/vacuum leaks. It's 100% ridable and I've been riding it like that for a while ( about 2k miles give or take) but id really like to get it back to how it was those first few weeks. Anyone have any ideas? would really hate to have to take these carbs out again! Then I always run 91 as well. Any input is appreciated and thank you!

Does the cuts out and such stop once the bike is fully warmed up? What brand gasoline are you using?

My bike does that when the gas stations have the winter blend or when I don't use name brand gasoline. Once it is fully warmed up no more low RPM cutouts/stalls.

Back