Interesting video on track body position / turning

Eric - Ken Hill is god like, check out his Buell 1125R vids with Nick Iendatch. The pair of them tear it up on stock 1125Rs and FZ1s. Really fun to watch.

He's addressing more overall body position at entry and exit. I suspect the group he was talking to was unsure of what to do and needed at "step-by-step." That was only 3 minutes and it's easy to take it out of context.

Also remember counter steering is very gentle, not a big movement, but just a controlled press on the bar.

Ken is correct, if you load the inside peg too fast, and drop your upper body too much in relationship to the amount you are counter steering you'll turn too sharply.

It's not so much one thing, but the right amount of all things at the same time.

that's a very basic explanation that misses a lotta stuff if you are looking to really dial in body position/brakes/entry/line/exit etc. there are at least 3 different body proper positions just for braking depending upon what kinda of corner you're going into for example. for a "basic" 2 minute intro it's good for beginners. the learning curve for the majority of us is very slow, meaning one or two things at a time, per track day, and then adding on etc. going into an hour conversation about body positioning with beginners, will basically be lost on them, they'll be thinking about too much, and basically do it all wrong, and crash. ask me how i know. i learn things the hard way, and well, pavements pretty hard. those are a few basic "foundations" that if done properly, are good stepping stones

Back