Info from Traxxion on new Penske 8975 shock!

CBR6RRRider

From Dan at Traxxion...

The 8975 is a good choice, and since it has come out I don’t recommend the 8900E for any application that the 8975 is available for. The only negative to the 8975 is it is not ride height adjustable, but we know what ride height to build it at, as we are very familiar with the FZ1, one of our techs owned one, and we have done tons of r&d. The 8975 has a floating piston separating the oil and nitrogen charge, unlike the 8900, which is an emulsion shock with the oil and nitrogen in the same compartment, making it more prone to foaming up and fading. The 8975 has rebound and compression damping adjustments, the sport only has rebound.

Thought everyone would like to know!

Nice! Congrats!

Check back with them. For me, it took them more than 10 business days to even start building my shock, 3.5 weeks out before I actually received it. But the wait will be worth it. :tup:

Wow, that's a wait. Mike at Traxxion said something about them getting the shock from Penske and then tweaking it from there, so hopefully Penske is quick with their shipping! :)

Back