I just ??

HI: just sold my '06-919-[9.000]mi,for $4,000, only mods 2-bros ex- and-air filter. offered a fz-1 '08-for $6,499- new leftover. also considering a hardley, 883 iron-[so slow butt relaxed]. I'am an old racer cannot lean no more, wadda ya think? Thanx

HI: just sold my '06-919-[9.000]mi,for $4,000, only mods 2-bros ex- and-air filter. offered a fz-1 '08-for $6,499- new leftover. also considering a hardley, 883 iron-[so slow butt relaxed]. I'am an old racer cannot lean no more, wadda ya think? Thanx

I think you'll be happier with the low maintenance sport tourer that won't vibrate your bones. :D

:welcome: Considering your background, I believe you'll really enjoy the FZ1. It has great ergos (my back isn't great!), it can sport, lean tour, just about anything you want. You can soften the suspension, stiffen it up. It can even be lowered too.

Of course, I am biased, but being an older guy and ex-amatuer racer (dirt) I cannot see myself on a cruiser... not yet anyway.

I had a Sporty 1200 and now I have the FZ1. You will not be happy going from a 919 to an 883. You didn't say what year 883, so I will assume fairly new. I know HD's are loud, expensive to maintain and mod. HD stands for HIGH DOLLAR when it comes to mods and accessories.

There are some accessories available for the Sporty, but nothing like what's available for their larger bikes. I was very disappointed with the accessories available and how much they cost. Go to a HD dealership and look at the accessories for the Sporty and you will see what I mean.

Take a look at Craigslist and see how many HD's are being sold and look at the prices they want for them. People put serious $$ into them and then take a beating when they try and sell them.

You will be very happy with the FZ. Great ergos and lots of toys available.

That 883 Iron is kind of a slick little bike but I doubt you'll like the loss of that rush when you twist the grip. They aren't loud, expensive or leaky any more, but they are still an air-cooled push rod twin. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Half the bike for twice the price. BUY the FZ you will not be disappointed. As I always say Although I am am old enough I am just not mature enough for a cruiser and hopefully I will never be.

Back