I just joined the FZ1 family.

flyboyy

Just picked up a 2014 Yamaha FZ1.

pretty amazing machine had fun riding the bike back home 180 mile ride very comfy and smooth.

so what things should I be watching out for ? and anyone know a good place for me to find DIY ?

bike has 4800 miles.. what should I be doing for maintenance ?

Thanks

Congrats on the new bike! You picked a good one!

As far as watching out for things, there really isn't a lot that goes wrong on these things. Check out the technical sub-forum here and you'll find lots of info on maintenance and modifications. Immediate maintenance? I would just give the bike a good clean, change the oil and replace the brake fluid. The rest should be just fine.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Club! I am on my second Gen 1 and use mine for daily commuting to and from work about 70 miles per day. Thing is a champ, decent mileage for a liter bike, plenty of power for my needs and super reliable.

Welcome. I have a 2012 and I think it's the best motorcycle I've owned (there may be better but I haven't owned them). I now have 22,000 miles on it.

Ride it for a while before doing any mods to see what you want. Mine is basically stock with some suspension upgrade, good tires, brake line upgrade and a few comfort and bling things and a basic ECU flash from Vcyclenut. I do have a Zero Gravity touring screen which is much better than the stock one as I'm 5'10" and the stock screen caused my head to bounce in turbulence.

Thank you everyone for your comments and helpful information.
lots of information on this site... will need time for me to adjust :)

first I am thinking of changing out the lights to HID or LEDs.

anyone know good frame sliders to use ? I am thinking about putting on some frame sliders.

Last edited:
Back