How to attach loose FZ1 exhaust connector gasket?

fz1guy

Hello my friends! My fz1 recently started to make ticking noises from the engine, so i assumed it was in need of some new exhaust gaskets. However, when i unbolted the exhast, this is what i discovered:

IMG_20180828_191842740.jpg

Do you guys have any suggestions how i could re-attach the exhaust connector gasket to the exhaust pipe again?

Thanks for your time!

I've never seen that before!

might need a few tack welds? You could probably pick up a good used set cheap as many riders have switched out to aftermarket headers and have the old ones lying around.

Yeah, i was thinking about getting it welded as well, but i am a bit uncertain if the pipe and the connector gasket is made of two materials that can be welded together. But i guess it is like you say, the easiest thing to do is probably just to buy some used ones :)

I have a set, but I am a long way from you and shipping would make it not worth while.

I did a quick Ebay search. Second hand sets are around 150 - 180 dollars. Aftermarket are around 850.

FYI, the arrow headers will fit any aftermarket can that fits the stock headers. so if you have an aftermarket can and want to keep using it, get Arrow headers.

Yeah, I guess the distance would make it quite a costly affair :p Anyway, I appreciate the thought! I think I am going with the stock headers again, as I am pleased with how the bike sounds and goes(Scorpion end can), and therefore it feels more joyable to pay 180dollars rather than 850 :p I guess if i were to justifie the higher cost, I would have to do the whole; remove restriction nozle in the airbox, BMC air filter, reflash ECU, Powercommander thing, like i see you have done with your bike :D

Back