$ How much to change a tire? $

I wish I had a place to do my own work but being an apartment dweller I can't so I'm at the mercy of my local shop. The good news is that they give me little discounts since I'm a loyal (read: captive) customer.

However, they gave me a quote of $560 for a set of PR3s and I can get PR4s on-line for $330 shipped. I don't think they'll match that price but I'll try. Then if they do it may take weeks to get.

Local independent shop charges $42.00 to mount and balance per wheel. Off the bike. Luckily, for Christmas, I have a $100.00 gift certificate for the shop thanks to my daughters boyfriend.
And I need two new tires this spring. I gave them the chance to match Canada's Motorcycle internet pricing but they are @ $70.00 more per tire.

Motorcycle Superstore has a preferred installer program on their website. Just enter your zip code to find installers in your area.

I don't know where you live in Florida but if you're close to the Tampa bay area, I have a guy that does them for $10 a wheel. I'm a pretty crappy mechanic and in 15 minutes I could have those tires off, the tools put away, and my hands cleaned. The same to put them back on. My local shop charges close to that too.

Motorcycle Superstore has a preferred installer program on their website. Just enter your zip code to find installers in your area.

Thanks, that's perfect. I live near Stuart.
They are ST Roadsmart I's which I got last year on sale. SKU #12431 & 124316.

Last edited:
Back