How Do I Turn Rear Blinkers Into Running Lights?

Choppastyle

How Do I Turn Rear Blinkers Into Running Lights? **Figured It Out**

I bought a set of 3 wire turn signals off ebay. I've tried running them to the running brake light, the license plate light.....they all seem to work poorly. Any suggestions? When one signal is going off the other one blinks slightly too.

I need some more professional assistance please!!!!

Choppastyle.

Last edited:
wat kinda lites are they? and why arent u using the 3 wires from the turn signals?

Figured it out.

Ok.....I bought some Arrow type 3 wire turn signals for the front and the rear.

The wires are colored as such:

Red
Black with White Stripe
Black

They came with no wiring diagram so I figured that the "Red" and "Black with White Stripe" would be the positives and the "Black" would be the negatives....obviously right?

After not being able to figure it out I left the company negative feedback on Ebay. About 10 min later I got a call from the company asking why. I explained it to them and they sent me a wiring diagram and refunded my shipping fee of $5.95.

Here is what the diagram said:

Red: Flasher
Black: Running Light (WTF?!?!?!?!?)
Black with White Stripe: Negative

Anyways, I left them positive feedback for the refund and finally sending me the wiring diagram. They work perfect now. They have clear lenses and I have the clear integrated tail light. So i'm going with the clear headlight, brakelight, blinker theme....Looks awesome!

Thanks for all your inquiries and feedback.

Choppastyle

wat kinda lites are they? and why arent u using the 3 wires from the turn signals?

Here's the Link.....They're called Arrows on the site (and they're also the only game around for a 3 wire turn signals that look similar).

Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R1 FZ1 ARROW TURN SIGNALS | eBay

I used the 3 wires from the turn signals in the front.....but the rear doesn't have that so you have to use the Running Tail light or license plate light. It adds visibility to the bike by turning the rear turn signals into running light IMO.

Thanks,

Choppastyle

Last edited:
Back