Hole Shot AIS Removal Kit

much easier to remove it is to remember where the hell you threw the AIS pump when you took it off.... odds are, you'll never have to put it back on... if there comes a day when your laws change, and you have to get emission tested... it's easy to play with the carbs for 5 minutes before you roll to the testing station....

much easier to remove it is to remember where the hell you threw the AIS pump when you took it off.... odds are, you'll never have to put it back on... if there comes a day when your laws change, and you have to get emission tested... it's easy to play with the carbs for 5 minutes before you roll to the testing station....

Well that depends on whether they only do a sniffer test for emissions or also visually check the various components. In that case they would easily see that the AIS pump was missing.

Well that depends on whether they only do a sniffer test for emissions or also visually check the various components. In that case they would easily see that the AIS pump was missing.

I seriously doubt they would ever do that. Do you realize how many vehicles the techs would have to learn and be knowledgeable about what they are looking at?

If anything, they will do like they do cars now. If it passes, it passes, if it throws a code then they start digging deeper. If they find you have tampered with the emissions, then you are in trouble.

Besides, even with the kits that you have to tap for screws you can still re-install the hoses. From what I can see, the tubes still simply go back over the mounting flanges, whether they are tapped or not and they get clamped in place. You haven't cut anything, you are just tapping so you can get a cap screw in there.

I seriously doubt they would ever do that. Do you realize how many vehicles the techs would have to learn and be knowledgeable about what they are looking at?

If anything, they will do like they do cars now. If it passes, it passes, if it throws a code then they start digging deeper. If they find you have tampered with the emissions, then you are in trouble.

You're probably right, but I was just saying...look at who we have in the White House :D

Seriously in CA cars are also visually inspected for missing or modified emissions components. That's why many aftermarket car parts get their parts C.A.R.B certified, meaning that they can legally be used to replace the stock part. Some states have adopted the CA emissions standards so I am sure the day will come when someone will turn their attention to motorcycles...let's just hope it's not anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back