Hitting The Sweet Spot. Dan Coe Tests the 2011 Yamaha FZ8

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
When looking at that recent picture of Yamaha's early-70s GL750 two-stroke-triple prototype, it was apparent to me that Yamaha has come a long way.

More...

No wonder he's grinding hard parts, this is perhaps the worst form I've seen in ages....

He's not as bad as this guy though! Look at that newb! :D

curvare-doohan.jpg

Last edited:
Very good write-up about the bike though. They did an excellent job at defining the differences between the 8 and the 1. The 8 has a lot of cool points and it appears that, with new suspension, the bike will be quite a carver.

One item of note that I'd like to get my hands on... the rearsets. ;) While the difference is subtle between the two bikes, I think it is just enough to warrant snagging a set when some owner decides to snap Rizoma sets on. :D

The troubling comment I found was about Yamaha's plans for 2013 and beyond exhausts... all welded? They do this now with the FZ6R and because of it, if you want after market exhaust, it HAS to be a complete system. Of course, by then, we might have national laws prohibiting after market exhausts... who knows!

They are a sweet bike to ride. The only reason I didn't buy one was because of the crappy non adjustable front end. There is plenty of usable power and it goes pretty hard when you give it a good rev.

Too easy to pass judgement from a simple photograph. A photograph is often only 1/200th of a second in time and can't give you the whole story.

We don't know anything about the guy so I think it's unfair to pass judgement.

Such is the case with this photo of Mr. Doohan. Many self-proclaimed hotshot riders would criticize that photo without hesitation, but we know the truth behind it.

Just playing devil's advocate :D

Too easy to pass judgement from a simple photograph. A photograph is often only 1/200th of a second in time and can't give you the whole story.

We don't know anything about the guy so I think it's unfair to pass judgement.

Such is the case with this photo of Mr. Doohan. Many self-proclaimed hotshot riders would criticize that photo without hesitation, but we know the truth behind it.

Just playing devil's advocate :D

Nah, I'll pass judgement on a series of 5 photos, the guy is a soup-sandwich.

Back