Hi All

New Member..i own a 2008 FZ1 S This is the second one iv had
my issue is one of my fork legs is weeping oil & its not just a case of changing the seals as the Chrome on the leg has worn away in the fork travel zone not that badly but enough to chew up new seals if fitted..Is it going to be cost effective to get the legs re chromed with new seals plus may need new bushes also or change them for a good replacement pair ?? Anybody got any ?? Be safe out there..Cheers

Hello and welcome from another new guy!
Sorry to hear about the fork tube, never have seen one like that before so unfortunately don't have any good advice. Thought maybe I'd seen people talk about upgrading to R1 suspension parts, maybe search around some threads to see what fits and then look for someone parting out a bike that went down?

Hi Brian
iv also not seen one like it before. The wear on the leg is only visible when you pry down the dust cover to expose it so its well into the travel zone of the forks..Iv done some Ringing & searching and to get the legs re chromed & rebuilt with new seals & maybe bushes its roughly £500 & 14 days turnaround. And dont think upgrading To R1 Forks is a Easy Swap..So im going to get new Legs & get them rebuilt & hopefully be half the price of the above option..Safe riding..Rob

Back