Help with idle screw/cable fuel injection

Hi folks, my name is Liam, new to the forum and new to the Yamaha fz1N after converting from a Suzuki gsf1250.
Hope you’re all good?!
I am after some help and advice if possible please.......

I’ve made a school boy error last night,
I was trying to adjust my idle speed as it was a little on the low side at around 900, I read that the recommenced is around 1100-1300.
Any ways, I was trying to do the simple job of just turning anti clockwise to raise it. But..... nothing seemed to happen (no higher or lower) after a good 10 turns it was still the same so I wondered if I had gone the wrong way so decided to repeat the turns the other way, and stupid me has now unscrewed the whole idle cable out of The bike leaving me with a tick over of about 400 ‍♂️, what I need to know please is..... where the heck does it actually screw in to?? I have the 08 fuel injection but just can’t seem to find out exactly what I need to screw it back in to.
I do believe I have lost the spring as well but hoping to find it in the bike when I potentially take the tank off if I need to.
Any help would he greatly received please folks.
I have attached a pic of the cable (eBay photo so mine no longer has the spring)

thanks for reading and all the best to everyone.

Liam

Attachments

• A8CD1B9F-DF21-4271-9018-3C1EC300F7DC.jpeg
    A8CD1B9F-DF21-4271-9018-3C1EC300F7DC.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 9
Hi folks, my name is Liam, new to the forum and new to the Yamaha fz1N after converting from a Suzuki gsf1250.
Hope you’re all good?!
I am after some help and advice if possible please.......

I’ve made a school boy error last night,
I was trying to adjust my idle speed as it was a little on the low side at around 900, I read that the recommenced is around 1100-1300.
Any ways, I was trying to do the simple job of just turning anti clockwise to raise it. But..... nothing seemed to happen (no higher or lower) after a good 10 turns it was still the same so I wondered if I had gone the wrong way so decided to repeat the turns the other way, and stupid me has now unscrewed the whole idle cable out of The bike leaving me with a tick over of about 400 ‍♂, what I need to know please is..... where the heck does it actually screw in to?? I have the 08 fuel injection but just can’t seem to find out exactly what I need to screw it back in to.
I do believe I have lost the spring as well but hoping to find it in the bike when I potentially take the tank off if I need to.
Any help would he greatly received please folks.
I have attached a pic of the cable (eBay photo so mine no longer has the spring)

thanks for reading and all the best to everyone.

Liam
I'm having the same problem but I have a 2001 Yamaha FZ1 carburetors adjuster cable came all the way out and I lost the string

Back