Helmet Lock Solutions?

Octupi

OK, I have an '09 FZ1 and wondering what everyone else does for their helmets? Do you all carry them inside with you, leave them on the bike unlocked or are you locking them up?

I'm considering a simple cable lock that I can connect to the rearset and lock my helmet and tankbag to it when I don't want to carry them both into a store with me.

Thoughts, solutions appreciated.

With a long enough cable lock you can run it through the sleeves of your jacket as well as the helmet and secure them both to the bike when it's too warm to wear the jacket indoors.

OK, I have an '09 FZ1 and wondering what everyone else does for their helmets? Do you all carry them inside with you, leave them on the bike unlocked or are you locking them up?

I'm considering a simple cable lock that I can connect to the rearset and lock my helmet and tankbag to it when I don't want to carry them both into a store with me.

Thoughts, solutions appreciated.

I don't often leave my bike alone so it's rarely an issue, but I (as have many others) found a simple solution. Use one of the plastic pegs on the bottom of the rear seat and put your helmet D-rings through it. Not put the helmet on top of the seat and lock it in place. Works great for me and since there is really no slack left on the strap the helmet just sits perfectly on the rear seat.

Back