Hello from Oklahoma, USA

Hello all,

currently I don't own a FZ1. I am looking to trade my 05 SV650 for a 02 FZ1. I joined up to do some research. I currently ride a Bandit 1200S and my SV the SV is for commuting and the Bandit is for the long hauls.

So that being said I would love to hear from those that have 2002 FZ1s'. I have read the "what I like about my FZ1 threads" so what I am wondering is what do you dislike?

Thank you all so much for your hospitality
:D

welcome to the site :) the FZ1 is a awesome machine , that offers close to superbike perfromance in a comfortable package thats easy to use daily "whats not to like" .. ;)

welcome to the site! There is very little I don't like about the FZ, but as everything else, that will vary from user to user. Personally, the only thing I don't like as far as design/ functionality is the mirrors. The stock mirrors on the Gen 1 could have been much better placed, or with different angles / length / shape. In stock form, I can see my shoulders and elbows in the mirrors and not much else. Also, the speedometer on the 2001 (and maybe 2002) goes in 20mph increments so doing 55mph, 65mph, or 75mph (etc) is kind of a guessing game. I've been happy as a clam with the available power, especially after I changed the gearing from the stock 16/44 to 15/47. That made a HUGE difference. Many of the other changes I've done to mine were personal preference... new suspension... cause I'm a big 'ol boy .... and Carbon Fiber inner fairings... cause they look awesome... Rizoma Grips for looks and comfort / durability ... but modifying is something that I believe we as motorcyclists are obligated to do to our machines..

Owned an '04 and now an '06

To tell you the truth, I found the mirrors to be the only thing at all on the entire bike not to my liking, with the '06 they seem to have it figured out. On my '04 which is very similar to what you want to buy, I have to say what a lot of guys on this forum have said: change the mirrors and I think you've about got it whipped.

Now that don't include add-ons, and upgrades, for which there seem to be a huge amount of ever improving choices and depending on what your personal desire is, well the sky is pretty much the limit. My friend who bought my trusty old (ha ha) '04 hit with a Yoshi pipe and a jet kit, and he swears it added 20 hp, that may just be his imagination but like I said, the sky is the limit when it comes to the extras.

here is one thought that may be from out in left field, but if you go to change mirrors, take a look and see if the ones from the next gen bikes will retrofit for you. Knowing Yamaha, they will be expensive, but there are probably more than a few people on this site who will sell you their old ones from the '06,'07,'08. It never hurts to ask.

Speaking of which, hey Mr. Moderator Man, why isn't there a buy, sell, swap section on this board? Wow, did I just totally act like a dick? That's what happens, when I just got off the bike and start right away on the computer, without a little cooldown/ refreshment time, oh well.... good luck, and good hunting with the FZ's.:eek::confused:

Speaking of which, hey Mr. Moderator Man, why isn't there a buy, sell, swap section on this board? Wow, did I just totally act like a dick? That's what happens, when I just got off the bike and start right away on the computer, without a little cooldown/ refreshment time, oh well.... good luck, and good hunting with the FZ's.:eek::confused:

hmmm..... there is.

Back