Hello everyone, I bought it!

Hello all,

I just purchased an 08' FZ1 with 5k miles on it & from what I have read on here its the fastest color FZ1 - grey :jaw drop:

I just wanted to introduce myself, I am not new to riding & have had several ZX10's & a ZX6r & a few supermoto's. The riding position on this is awesome for an almost 50yr old guy, no numb hands or sore back like I get when riding my ZX10r but my one complaint I do have is that out here in the Pacific Northwest with wide open interstate, I seem to get blown around quite a bit & have to get into a full tuck when passing semi's or when the wind is really blowing. Are there different windscreens that will give better coverage in those situations?

Glad to be here, learning so much about my new bike & everyone here seems very welcoming.

Mods on it are:

PC3
Carbon Yoshi slip on
Lower cowl
LED's on front
Zero Gravity windshield
Bar handle side mirrors
Rear fender eliminator
Corbin pilot & passenger seats
Brand new tires
Dyno sheet showing 140hp 72lbs of torque

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.
myfz1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Congrats to the new bike. You can add a touring windscreen to get better wind protection. It depends on your size and body position what kind of windscreen size is best for you. Keep in mind that the fz1 has only a cowl and not a full fairing like you zx's and thus will be more affected by wind.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Fast Grey? Hair colour maybe. You also got a Copperdawg? Seat cowl. Looks sweet. I think the screens on these are too upright/vertical for good protection, for me they just caused buffeting so I went naked and prefer it.

Fast Grey? Hair colour maybe. You also got a Copperdawg? Seat cowl. Looks sweet. I think the screens on these are too upright/vertical for good protection, for me they just caused buffeting so I went naked and prefer it.

Same here Blanchy. Much less buffeting with the screen cut but its starting to get cold here. Im gonna try one of those lips for the screen and if that doesent work ill be goin nsked too!!

Back