Hello everyone, finally got a FZ1!!

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around this forum for a while and I must say that it has influenced my decision to buy the FZ1 so now that I have one I thought I better sign up!!

Brought a 2011 FZ1N, managed to find this one a few months ago, it had only done 4000km. Its in great condition but it had been sitting for a long time so I changed all the fluids and put new tyres on. Cant wait to start doing some mods!!

Heres some pics of the bike from today, I did an oil and filter change and gave her a clean including the chain

uMM79fQ.jpg

nzy88Yw.jpg

qej3oEh.jpg

opbPeDi.jpg

Attachments

• n2rLbzG.jpg
    n2rLbzG.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 133
Whats with the cookie name? We had another cookie from OZ too. What a character he was (passed away last year) Welcome!

Oh really, sorry to hear about that :( Mind if I ask, was it motorcycle related?

My last name is Cook, so I get called a few different names by my mates, Cooks, Cooksey, Cookie, Dickhead :eek:

Glad to have you here! No center stand? Did you have it removed? I find it very handy. Nice looking bike. Black is always a good choice, but the blue is faster. ;)

Glad to have you here! No center stand? Did you have it removed? I find it very handy. Nice looking bike. Black is always a good choice, but the blue is faster. ;)

Thanks :), I could be wrong but I think the 'N' doesn't come with a center stand I'm sure someone here could verify that? I would actually love a center stand, wonder if one would bolt straight on? My two previous bikes were black and well you know what they say, once you go black you never go back haha

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around this forum for a while and I must say that it has influenced my decision to buy the FZ1 so now that I have one I thought I better sign up!!

Brought a 2011 FZ1N, managed to find this one a few months ago, it had only done 4000km. Its in great condition but it had been sitting for a long time so I changed all the fluids and put new tyres on. Cant wait to start doing some mods!!

Heres some pics of the bike from today, I did an oil and filter change and gave her a clean including the chain

uMM79fQ.jpg

nzy88Yw.jpg

qej3oEh.jpg

opbPeDi.jpg
Good looking bike (hint: all FZ1 are...)!
And congrats, you are going to have some fun :)

Welcome to the forum from Florida

sent from my Moto-X on Tapatalk

Thanks :), I could be wrong but I think the 'N' doesn't come with a center stand I'm sure someone here could verify that? I would actually love a center stand, wonder if one would bolt straight on? My two previous bikes were black and well you know what they say, once you go black you never go back haha
Yeah, you absolutely need a center stand. If nothing else cleaning the chain without one is very hard, and there is enough work to do on the rear wheel between cleaning and verifying/adjusting chain tension and alignment and checking the rear tire that I could not imagine not having one. On top of that, if you don't ride the bike for a while, its a good thing to put it on the center stand to avoid having a flat spot on your rear tire.

The FZ1N does not come with a centre stand and it doesn't need one. A paddock stand does the job just as well.
I even removed the unnecessary centre stand mounting bracket as it just adds weight.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Having a centre stand influenced my decision to buy an FZ1. I like my centre stand.

Cookie, they were an option for FZ1Ns so you could try Yamaha or better still, try a bike wrecker or eBay.

Yer it would be handy having one but I've already got the paddock stand which does the job. If I come across one for a good price I might grab it, it would be good for doing long road trips so you can easily maintain the chain on the go

Yer it would be handy having one but I've already got the paddock stand which does the job. If I come across one for a good price I might grab it, it would be good for doing long road trips so you can easily maintain the chain on the go
Yes, I personally much prefer the convenience of having it on the bike at the expense of a few pounds of extra weight. It's not like the bike is underpowered [emoji6] and it's not even a supersport!

Back