Heated gear

So quite often here in Mi we get high 40 low 50* mornings and up into the 70's during the afternoon.
I have a heated vest and hot grips but legs still get cold especially on the fuel tank
I would prefer gear that I could leave on the bike if possible. Anything out there like that?
If not what are guys thoughts on something like that? If there was something would anyone buy it?

Have you considered a heated seat perhaps? It may not directly heat your legs but it'll definitely warm you up. You could also try merino leggings which is what I use during the winter. It works well in warm weather so you don't have to worry about getting too hot in the afternoon.

For my winter gear, I have Arctiva zip-off overalls. You can take them on and off fully dressed without taking your boots/shoes off. They are not heated, but I can ride down to about the freezing point and the weak link is always my hands (I don't have heated gloves); my legs never really get cold since the gear blocks the wind away from them completely (of course there are vents, but if it were warm enough to need them I probably wouldn't be wearing them at all).

Below freezing, the tires have no traction and my hands hurt and it's just not much fun anymore, so I just wait for the occasional warmer days in winter.

Have you considered a heated seat perhaps? It may not directly heat your legs but it'll definitely warm you up. You could also try merino leggings which is what I use during the winter. It works well in warm weather so you don't have to worry about getting too hot in the afternoon.
Overall I stay fairly warm, I'm not sure that a heated seat would quite do what I'm looking for.

For my winter gear, I have Arctiva zip-off overalls. You can take them on and off fully dressed without taking your boots/shoes off. They are not heated, but I can ride down to about the freezing point and the weak link is always my hands (I don't have heated gloves); my legs never really get cold since the gear blocks the wind away from them completely (of course there are vents, but if it were warm enough to need them I probably wouldn't be wearing them at all).

Below freezing, the tires have no traction and my hands hurt and it's just not much fun anymore, so I just wait for the occasional warmer days in winter.
I have hot grips heated hand grips, probably one of the best investments I've made for it.
Storage is really the issue for me not so much taking gear on and off.

Back