hayabusa front-end on gen1 fz1

Hi everyone , I wanted to know what you guys think , I'm fitting a complete hayabusa(gen1) front end to my 2003 white fz1 and doing a naked conversion.
This will be pretty easy since I just need a custom bearing for the upper steering head to use the busa steering stem (as long as gen1 fz1) and the bottom bearing is the same.

I'm still waiting for my bearing , and the front fender to start the conversion.
I'm still not sure if I will use the stock busa front fender or try to fit a smaller one...For now I found that pic that shows a naked busa with the same headlight that I have for my project so it gives an idea of what my front end will look like , what do you think ?

can't wait to see the end results -- does this mean that you might also get to pick up on the advantages radial brakes as well as a larger rotor?

Adam

No , it will be the 6 pist. calipers setup , I will also use the busa top clamp with busa bars .
So , what do you think about the fender ? Should I go for a smaller one ? I think the stock busa one could look badass but...

IMO -- you don't have the frame size to match the blockiness of the reg busa frame -- but then I'm not the one who is there looking at the bike -- give it a shot -- if it does not work, then you can seek options...

how much did the front end run ya -- and what made you decide to tackle such a project?

speaking of options.....convertibars????

IMO -- you don't have the frame size to match the blockiness of the reg busa frame

Do you talk about the lock/stopof the steering ? If yes , this is not really difficult to ajust.

I paid 300$ for the entire front end , including the front wheel with a tire , brakes,lines,master cilyndre,rotor,threes,top clamp,bars etc.That's why I went for it , and the fact that I dont have the p-i-t-a to swap steering stem...

Since I'll use the hayabusa bars , the convertibars will be for sale soon with the rest of the fz1 stuff , if that was what you were asking.I'm not aloud to post yet in the classified section of this forum dought, 30 days peroid not done yet...

looks promising --

question for ya b/c I've never really looked at the front end of a Busa. Is that how the fender sits or can it be spun around to eliminate contact with the part on the fork?

I only ask, b/c for the longest time, I rode around on my FZ with the front fender backwards -- but it was not by my doing..

The job looks absolutely fantastic. The only thing I would change, if I may stick my 2 cents in, is the front fender. It looks out of place on that bike. Just my thoughts of course. Everything else looks great. Really nice job you did.

For the fender ,it's from a gsxr600 98 , I still have to do some shaving and a bracket to hold it in the front.It's not in place yet. I just putted it there to take the pictures.It's not a direct fit but it will look better than the stock busa fender , the stocker is way too big for a naked bike...

Last edited:
For the fender ,it's from a gsxr600 98 , I still have to do some shaving and a bracket to hold it in the front.It's not in place yet. I just putted it there to take the pictures.It's not a direct fit but it will look better than the stock busa fender , the stocker is way too big for a naked bike...

Oh, Okay. Now I see. It's just sitting there in the pic. Yeah, once its tucked back into place it should look much better. Can't wait to see more pics. Keep up the good work.

With the use of the custom bearing for the upper steering head mentioned earlier , it's almost a straight swap.I keeped the busa stem , it was long enough to be able to tight the upper bearing good and to mount the upper triple three with no problems.The only issue for now is the lack of steering stops...I'll get to that...I also tried everything to fit the stock busa steering damper with no succes yet.

I wanted to use the busa top clamp/bars but I could'nt because of clearance issues(tank) , so I used R1's clip-ons insted. I will soon check for bars with a special bend to use with the busa's top clamp/bar holder to raise the bars a litle and it will clean up the top clamp good.

Turns out that the busa's springs are way too soft for me and my bike , spring rate is about the same as the fz's but with less travel I'm bottoming them out very quick on the brakes... I knew something like that was comming so I ordered a new spring kit from traxxion dynamics for my weight and I'm thinking of something like that : Fork Leg Extentions - USD Forks Fork Leg Extentions [FLEGEXT2] - £90.00 : Billet Bike Bits, Lovely Bits for your pride and joy to fix the geometry because I want to keep the rear raised 1".

I'm also gonna try getting some stock fz type handlebars and cut them to fit the busa's top clamp insted of using the r1 clip-ons I have right now .It will raise the bars a little and with curved bars it's going to clear the gaz tank.
I just got to find some bars cheap enough not to feel guilty cutting them...

I think that is a killer looking naked bike, did you ever see the LRG busa conversion that CSC out of orlando did with a gsxr tail section? What you have done looks awsome. If you are not in the custom motorcycle building business and you did this conversion you should be. Just to be able to visualize a project of this magnitude and have the vision to see it and then make it happen is super. Great job in my opinion!

Back