harbor frieght Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand will it work??

I would say no, for one reason. Those flat protrusions look like they are made more for catching the swingarm, not a spool. My lift has "V" notches in it so it catches the spool and holds it in place so it can't slip off. I have a T-rex which is close to what you are looking at but the "V" vs that flat anchor point will make a world of difference.

As the others said that stand is not for use with spools. Would be a good stand for the Gen I guys since their swingarms can't accommodate spools. Look on eBay and I am sure you'll find something at a reasonable price.

Like the Gen I -- you can also try pjsparts -- a good price and similar (if not better) quality.

Sorry, I'm lumping HF in with their tools -- I didn't buy it -- but it showed up to the jobsite one day -- and broke before it even got a chance to get going.....

Adam

Yeah, that particular model is made for bikes without spools.

billy,

i was looking at my gen2 last night... there is a flat enough spot to pick the bike up by it swing arms without the spools.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

they also have this piece that i was going to buy. I'm a wuss cause when i try to use the center stand i'm scared i'm going to tip the bike over. Do you all usually kick it up on the center stand while on the bike or off?

Thanks,
Sid

I have a rear stand similar to this design, and it works great for bikes with or without spools... on a bike with bungs for spools, I just slide the flat spots on the rear stand up to the protruding bungs on the flat part of the swingarm... the bungs sticking out hold the flat parts from slipping and from th bike twisting on the lift...

Plus... you can help out your riding buddies who have bikes without spools...

as for the issues of the front stand and the center stand....

best method for getting the bike on the center stand is to do it off of the bike... put the bike on the regular kickstand and hop off of it... then, with the sidestand still down, hold the bike upright and with one hand on the bars, and one on the tail, pop the bike up onto the center stand... using the weight of your body... not by jerking on the bars.

for a front stand, I'd recommend one with a pin that lifts the bike as opposed to one that lifts from the bottom of the forks... one of the main reasons to have a front stand is so you can use it in conjunction with the rear stand to remove the forks for service. The type of lift I'm talking about looks as so:

MK3_SHL_AS3028_Ducati.jpg

It lifts from the bottom of the triple clamp, so you can remove the wheel, forks, whatever is needed... if you use a lift that lifts from the forks, you can take the wheel off, but not the forks... and once the wheel and axle are removed, stability is compromised.

I have a rear stand similar to this design, and it works great for bikes with or without spools... on a bike with bungs for spools, I just slide the flat spots on the rear stand up to the protruding bungs on the flat part of the swingarm... the bungs sticking out hold the flat parts from slipping and from th bike twisting on the lift...

Plus... you can help out your riding buddies who have bikes without spools...

so are u saying u used the harbor freight ones fine?

thanks,
sid

The ones from HF are not well designed or very sturdy. Go with a name brand you can trust. A kid on the FZ6R forum just lost his bike off the HF stand and he is really pi$$ed....

The Gen II doesn't have a flat or stright swingarm, and it has holes for spools. If I was using a lift, I'd use one made for spools so I wasn't picking my bike up off the ground. The right hand side of the swingarm is too irregular for a lift intended for a straight flat surface.

Back