Hanging Idle Around 2K

Hello everyone,

I just finished installing Ivan's jet kit and an aftermarket slipon. I believe everything is in order but I have a hanging idle around 2K as seen in this video I recorded:

This is after I performed a carb sync and put the caps back on the carb intake ports. My TPS is out of adjustment and I am waiting on a Torx security bit in the mail. Question is would the TPS account for my hanging idle? Revs come back down just fine above 2K.

Thank you everyone in advance!

Hello everyone,

I just finished installing Ivan's jet kit and an aftermarket slipon. I believe everything is in order but I have a hanging idle around 2K as seen in this video I recorded:

This is after I performed a carb sync and put the caps back on the carb intake ports. My TPS is out of adjustment and I am waiting on a Torx security bit in the mail. Question is would the TPS account for my hanging idle? Revs come back down just fine above 2K.

Thank you everyone in advance!
Hi, experiencing the same issue, did you manage to adjust thw TPS and any different?

Hi, experiencing the same issue, did you manage to adjust thw TPS and any different?

Adjusting the TPS did help slightly but the biggest culprit was my float levels being too high. After I adjusted the floats to 14.5 mm using one of those float level measuring tools, the hanging idle disappeared. I then adjusted my TPS afterwards and it came together.

Back