Hands and back hurt after short ride everytime...

mwilkins21

hi i know people ride differently but no matter how i ride my gen 2 my hands always start hurting very very badly and eventually my back regardless of how im sitting are there any bar or seat recommendations or am i just going to suffer :shame:

start off by adjusting your levers.

you want to have your arms and hands in one smooth line.. you don't want your wrists kinked while riding... move the levers to a better position and go for a ride.

Putting any weight at all on the grips is your problem. Your arms should be relaxed and elbows bent. Hands should be gripping but not tight... think of holding a delicate woman's hands in yours and if you squeeze, she'll either cry in pain or slap you. :D

Elbows should be floating, never locked, always free to move. You should only be sitting upright, as Aaron said, because of core muscles. Time for crunches to stiffen the abs. Use your thighs and knees to grasp the tank for added support.

No bars or other equipment will help you here, this is all about proper posture and riding position. :D

Another thing you can try is a set of bar risers that raise and bring the bars back at the same time. This should put you in a more upright position and may alleviate the weight on your hands issue.

if you're leaning forward to be able to hold the bars, obviously, leaning forward will wear on the core muscles more so than if you were sitting more upright...

what you can do to make your muscles last longer would be get yourself sitting more upright... you can do this with a set of Gen 1 styled bars on your Gen 2.... and / or a set of risers to bring the handlebars higher.

Back