Guess I Should Introduce Myself

Howdy all. My name is Brad and hail from Houston, Texas. I am an IT Manager by trade.

I have been riding since 1990. First bike was a Kawasaki EX500. Had that bike for 7 years as my sole source of transportation. Rode rain, sleet, snow and hail (not so much of the later 2 here in Houston but better for the story.) 2nd bike was a 2003 Honda CBR 600 F4i. Absolutely loved it. Had that bike for 3 years before deciding to sell it and get a boat. I figured my wife and I would enjoy that together more than the bike. WRONG!

I just could not shake my passion for motorcycles though and a recent trip sparked it up again. My wife and I went on a trip to London in June and I nearly broke my neck watching all of the motorcycles there. My cousin has an FZ6 Fazer out there to whet my appetitte further.

Long story short... I am not good at postponing gratification and bought an FZ1 with 2 weeks of returning from Europe. I have a 2009 Gray.

Anyway, you all have a great board here and I am enjoying it very much. I am not much of a gear head and it appears I will be able to learn a lot here. I only hope I can contribute in some fashion as well.

Cheers!

:welcome: and congrats on the bike! Thanks for taking a moment to introduce yourself.

Any Server/Storage Engineer positions in Houston? ;)

Don't be shy. Ask questions and we'll give you answers. Searching the forum works great as well (with 4 or more characters.) If you cannot find something, ask away!

Enjoy the site, the bike and ride safe!

Welcome, I to am new to the forum. I just got a 2003 FZ1 gray. Pictures are coming soon. I wish I could afford a new bike like yours.

you might have to hunt for it -- but say you have 300 dollars. $300.00 for a Gen I can get you a bunch more goodies for modding than for the new gen II.

Welcome to the forum. You'll enjoy the FZ1 and it will keep you happy for a long time. Break it in properly and please read the owners manual. Half the questions posted are answered in the manual and you'll also understand the controls and simple maintenance much better. Ride on.

Welcome to the forum. You'll enjoy the FZ1 and it will keep you happy for a long time. Break it in properly and please read the owners manual. Half the questions posted are answered in the manual and you'll also understand the controls and simple maintenance much better. Ride on.

Thanks all!

Yep, read the owners manual a few times. I am no gear head but I am constantly amazed at how many posts I see asking what oil to use and what proper tire pressure should be! :poke: That much and proper lubrication I can figure out. Picked up the service manual also for a little assistance down the road. She is properly broken in and up to 1,100 miles now.

I will post a picture this afternoon. All I have done so far are some asthetic mods. Graves fender eliminator, Graves Frame sliders, new grip and some real CF bolt on replacements to some stock parts. Will be getting more CF parts as I think it looks so much better with the dark gray than those silver pieces.

The only other cosmetic thing I want to do before I start some performance mods is to powder-coat the rider and passenger foot pegs the same gold color as the rims. Maybe even get the handlebar and risers powder coated the same also.

There are many days that I would love to pack it all up and head for warmer climates! If I thought I could line up a good job for not only myself but the wife as well, I'd be inclined to relocate to get the heck out of the snow and end "riding season" in my vocabulary!

The CIO of the place I work is retiring in that area next year. He's already had the house built and moved most of his stuff there. I told him to keep me in mind should he need a capable Server guy. His reply was "You're first on the list!" :D

There are many days that I would love to pack it all up and head for warmer climates! If I thought I could line up a good job for not only myself but the wife as well, I'd be inclined to relocate to get the heck out of the snow and end \"riding season\" in my vocabulary!

The CIO of the place I work is retiring in that area next year. He's already had the house built and moved most of his stuff there. I told him to keep me in mind should he need a capable Server guy. His reply was \"You're first on the list!\" :D

Well we have no hills. No out of this world roads. What we do have is 105 degree temps with 98% humidity for 3 months in the summer. For those three months I wish I could move somewhere else. Does not stop me from riding though.

The good news is that you can ride year round here and 2 hours in any direction does get you to some absolutely beautiful scenerey and roads. No meca though.

Well we have no hills. No out of this world roads. What we do have is 105 degree temps with 98% humidity for 3 months in the summer. For those three months I wish I could move somewhere else. Does not stop me from riding though.

The good news is that you can ride year round here and 2 hours in any direction does get you to some absolutely beautiful scenerey and roads. No meca though.

I wish all those jobs were open in eastern TN or western NC. :D They still have a short winter but nothing like New England! I guess Houston is the other extreme of this place where there's still an unbearable 3 months of living. ;)

On the other hand, I'll bet a .5 acre lot with a 28'x30' cape isn't $300k and $5,500 a year in taxes. :eek: ;)

Hi Haileyan, welcome and congrats with the new ride. Is that a two tone colour on your topfairing?

Thanks! It is standard 2009 paint scheme with black and dark metallic gray. The other color for 2009 is that beautiful blue.

The only thing not standard is the carbon fiber heat shields on the exhaust and CF inserts in my heel guards.

Back