Grippy Long Lasting Tire

TwItcH

Hey guys

Looking for a tire that will grip well, dont need a track tire but would still like grip that will last the worth of its cost. Any insight, answers, reviews, videos, or anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

P.S. this is for my supermoto so the sizes will be 120/17 front and 150/17 rear

The tire you choose should largely depend on the climate and weather you ride in. You have limited selection at that size but if you can go to a 160/60R17 for the rear instead, the selection is fantastic.

Being a motard, tire life should be a non-issue. Light bikes with little power tend to use their tires very lightly. :sport12:

You guys are recommending tires that aren't even available in his size. They are available in 160/60R17 but it would depend on what motard he has & if the tire will clear the swingarm :spank2:

ORLY? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-BATTLAX-BT-016-Hypersport-Motorcycle/dp/B005J8X1RC]Bridgestone BATTLAX BT-016 Hypersport/Track Rear Motorcycle Tire 150/60-17 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Ah, you recommended the BT-016 Pro but I didn't think to look at the old BT-016. : oops: You were right, my bad.

Some available tires in the stock 150/60R17 size:

Bridgestone S20
Bridgestone BT-016
Bridgestone BT-003
Continental ContiSportAttack
Continental ForceSM
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
Michelin Pilot Power
Metzeler Sportec M5
Avon VP2
Avon 3D
...and a bunch of Shinkos

Hope that helps

Last edited:
160 is a no go

160 will not fit my bike. it rubs. 150 is pushing it and thats me keeping the chain tight. 160 would fit the rim but there is just not enough room underneath ;)

My DRZ400 would take a 160, but only certain tires. It was down to the profile of the tire & the more 'V' shaped tires would clear whereas the more 'U' shaped ones wouldn't. Pirellis were a popular choice for that bike as the 160 was actually not that wide

The Bridgestone S20 is available in those sizes and placed second in a recent tire review in Sport Rider magazine. Second only to the Dunlap Q2 and ahead of the Pirelli, conti, Avon, ................and a bunch of others.

the BT-023 is in your size range. Better mileage will a longer warm up time than the S-20 or BT-016 pro... Stickier than the BT-021..
Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

Concerning the grip/mileage I'll assume his bike is pretty light and not making a ton of power ( SuperMoto )

So the mileage should be pretty good even with a sticky tire.

Back