Great mechanic (and cheap tire change) in Central NJ!!

Just came back from my buddy's shop (first time I've been to his place). He's a fellow MSF RiderCoach and he's been wrenching pretty much his whole life.

I had no idea how serious his shop was! He's got a top of the line tire changing machine (works on both motorcycles and cars) and a dynamic balancer (accurate within 5 grams).

He also has a milling machine and media blaster (and probably loads of other stuff I didn't spot).

He builds custom motorcycles (seems he mostly does cafe racers.. saw few in person... SO damn cool!).

His motorcycle tire change charge is $35 per wheel if the wheel is off the bike and $50 per wheel if he has to do wheel removal and installation. All the shops around me charge $50 per wheel if I bring the wheels in AND they require that I buy the tires from them (so add another ~$100 over what they go for online).

Anyway.. if you ever need tire change and don't want to do it yourself / invest in tools / spend a lot of time on it, check his shop out: Cold Hearted Custom Cycles

He changed mine on the spot earlier today and he put a lot of care into it. Didn't rush like most mechs seem to do.

That's awesome news. It's a pain to find legit shops with reasonable prices (at least has been for me).

Too bad I'm nowhere near NJ :(

Back