Graves slip-on cat eliminator exhaust?

stevo2

This is advertised as a cat-eliminator slip-on, but the catalytic converter is welded into the end of the header pipe. This would actually be an "EXUP Eliminator", but after I contacted them they don't seem to care about changing the ad.

Their parts seem overpriced anyway

here is the ad - Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ1 Cat Eliminator Slip-On Exhaust System 2006-2014

I installed a shorty GP pipe, about 8 inches long, and it seemed to lean the bike out a bit (runs a little hotter), but it sounds great with the catalytic converter and the shorty pipe. I removed the EXUP cables but left the rest of it.

I am seeing lower prices for the ECM adjustments, so does anyone know the lowest price for the ECM flash?

Does anyone know if the software for the ECM is on the ECM itself? I thought you might be able to simply make a cable for it and be good to go. The cable, when ordered from FlashTune doesn't seem to come with a CD or anything, so I was wondering if the software is in the ECM.

Here is the link for the Flash Tune Kit - https://ftecu.com/shop/10-14-fz1-data-link-ecu-flashing-kits/

It seems like you would need your own kit if you constantly change the sprockets, which I do. My current setup, which is a 14-54, makes the speedo REALLY off. I found that in 6th gear, the tach tells the speed (3000rpm = 30mph...etc) This setup is the best for street racing, light to light, but it is pretty silly for highway, unless you want to de-coke your motor or get used to 12k rpm without going 160mph. IT is a buzz bomb on your feet for sure.

I don't see how that pipe eliminates the cat, it does eliminate the EXUP valve. The Cat is at the end of the headers before the slip on. Yes it would save weight, but I also question the HP and torque boosts alone, they would also need a tune to achieve.

To flash the ECU you will need software that goes along with it as well as the cables. I'd recommend pulling the ECU out and sending it to a professional who has a lot of experience with flashing them. Ivan and Vcyclenut are the two main ones used, they are slightly different so choose what is best for you.

I would also recommend a PCV with a dynotune to get the best tune for your bike. and if you are worried about your speedo, get a speedo healer and you can set that up to correct for your speed with different gearing.

I was unhappy with their customer service the time I reached out to them. Sold my slip-on from them and won't be buying any more of their products

Back