Got an awesome screenshot

of my computer taking a dump.

577d1249413627-got-awesome-screenshot-taking_a_crap.jpg

I think it's called Windows 7 because there are 7 different versions right?

I'm about done with Windows... it's everywhere... on my phone even... and it makes my phone into a barely polished turd.

Windows 7 is really nice thus far. It will install on about anything too. It will run on older computers and laptops without a lot of issues and really scream on the newer computers.

Yes, too many versions though and no, it will not replace my Linux at home. :D

got wife an ASUS from Bestbuy -- it has a free upgrade to Windows 7 -- I'm waiting to see if the buzz is all that is has been cracked up to be....

Adam

Windows 7 is really nice thus far. It will install on about anything too. It will run on older computers and laptops without a lot of issues and really scream on the newer computers.

Yes, too many versions though and no, it will not replace my Linux at home. :D

So which version are you running right now? Also, how is the stability and how similar is it to Vista?

So which version are you running right now? Also, how is the stability and how similar is it to Vista?

I am running the release candidate (RC) that expires in 2010. It has been very stable and runs very fast even on a crate of a laptop I installed it to.

This version isn't fully polished and does have some issues with installs but it has a very cool "XP" mode to install older stuff with and seems to take up the slack very well! I think the finished product will be worth running and about 127% better than Vista. It does have a lot of Vista look & feel but it sure operates differently.

As with any MS OS, YMMV though. At least they did THIS public beta correctly and opened it up to almost anyone willing to try it. They got people to run it on every possible platform with all possible add-ons and got a ton of feedback, something MS has NEVER done in the past and the main reason why each OS has been so plagued with issues at the time of release.

It's never going to beat a Linux box though... simply cannot. ;)

Back