Going For The Tire Changer

I've made up my mind that I'm going to buy the Harbor Freight Tire Changer w/ Motorcycle Attachment. Together they are less than $130.00 dollars. I watched a you tube video yesterday of just how easy it is to use. I even watched the balancing video as well and that looks like a breeze too. Its not worth paying these NY prices when you can do it yourself in less than 15 minutes.

How about posting up the link.....I'm game for eliminating the "stealer" doing my tire changes. Considering the place I bought the bike from wants 50.00 (per tire). RIDICULOUS!!

Adam

How about posting up the link.....I'm game for eliminating the \"stealer\" doing my tire changes. Considering the place I bought the bike from wants 50.00 (per tire). RIDICULOUS!!

Adam

Ya see! Its not only the East Coast that wants too much money to mount and balance. I paid 50 for both at a private cycle shop whereas the dealers wanted from 75 to 85 dollars. I am going to post a link for you as well as the actual video so you can see just how simple it is. Thats why the guy wouldn't let me see him do it. He knows that once I see it the first time, I'll never be back for a second. Stand by while I gather up the links.

That does look pretty easy, but I am sure that guy has had some practice before.

Practice makes perfect. I'm proud to say that I was blessed with mechanical abilities so it would only take me a couple of runs before I was able to do it easily. It took him just over two minutes so I figure that even if it took me 10 minutes, I'll still be able to finish both in less than half an hour.

If you have the room it makes sense to spend the $120.00 dollars and get it. It would pay for itself in just two sets of tires. Not to mention that I had to load them in my car and waste gas to drive 20 minutes there and back to have them done.

It does look pretty easy. I have changed TONS of bike tires and it looks like the same principle. Gotta love YouTube. I will hunt around but did you find a video on how to Balance the tire?

my math only has 60.00 if you only base what is shown in the video. Guess I'm a bit slow this evening -- shipping is 9.00

Last edited:
my math only has 60.00 if you only base what is shown in the video. Guess I'm a bit slow this evening -- shipping is 9.00

No your right but there is a motorcycle attachment as well which mounts to that unit. I think it also comes with bushings that go on the arms as to not scratch your rims. That piece is an additional 60 bucks. Me, I'm lucky as there is a Harbor Freight less than a half hour from me.

If you have the room it makes sense to spend the $120.00 dollars and get it. It would pay for itself in just two sets of tires. Not to mention that I had to load them in my car and waste gas to drive 20 minutes there and back to have them done.

I agree with you, but just be careful you don't fill that garage with tools or you'll be back to the same situation as when you had the Nova in there...no room for the FZ1.

I agree with you, but just be careful you don't fill that garage with tools or you'll be back to the same situation as when you had the Nova in there...no room for the FZ1.

You got that right. Won't let that happen. I've already hung the bikes from the rafters. After over two weeks with the Nova gone, the floor is still virtually free of stuff.

Back