Gilles rearsets

7.62fmj

Guys...anyone else got this little problem?

Today I had my bike up on it's paddock stands. Whilst cleaning the bike thoroughly I had a good look at the gearshift and noticed that it has been fouling the side stand when selecting first. Result is wear on the gear lever and the toe piece. That's my bloody dealer again for you...never thinks the job through properly.:shaking head:

I'm assuming that you can buy spares for the rearsets.....you can can't you?

Last edited:
I don't have interference with the side stand. I do however have interference with the center stand. I've had to create about an 1 1/4 spacer out of nuts/washers tk eliminate contact on the back side of the shifter.

I'm running all the way up and back and my solution is to abandon the center stand all together.

I'll have to look again, but I do recall a site for ordering replacement parts. Let me see what I can find.

Ah ha! Perforamance Parts...the UK importer...has just advised that all parts are available as spares. Happy days.

He did state quite emphatically...DON'T cut down the kick stand as the rearsets are designed to fit as is. He's got an FZ1....marvellous. Gotta send him a pick of the set up and he'll comment further.

I'm coming up with nada---thought I had it bookmarked.

Can ya help a brother out and give me your contacts information? I need some new pegs and some new bolts to replace the ones that I had to retrofit (because the darn things kept working themselves free....)

Adam

Can ya help a brother out and give me your contacts information?

I found it all on the Gilles website. (try searching for Gilles tooling and translate to English) They had a list of all of the suppliers by country. Look at the contacts and click on importers. See below I found it again. There's a parts list also under the product listing. If you can't find it I'll either have another look or scan mine and send it to you.

Google Translate

If no success with that try this.

Paul Bench
Performance Parts Ltd
Unit 2 Euro Park
A5 Watling Street
Clifton Upon Dunsmore
Warwickshire
CV23 0AQ

Telephone 01788 869100
email: [email protected]

HTH

He sorted my little problem...simple matter of adjusting the link arm from the lever to the gearbox mechanism.:embarrased:

USA: Tucker Rocky Distributing (http:/www.powersportrider.com/) [email protected]

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....as soon as I fired of reply, I found what I was looking for. the only thing is that I can't get any pictures to display for the parts -- I can get the listing by the number, but no picture to gauge where on the rearset I would be looking....

do you have the same problem?

Well, maybe they discontinued showing information -- b/c I have a Gen I.

Under Yamaha -- click on the "FZS 1000 Fazer" (RN06) and pull up the option, click on Y02-T and get the layout with no pictures....

The listing on yours appears to have what I'm looking for as far as peg/bolts.....so I'll go that route for now....

Thanks again!

Adam

The listing on yours appears to have what I'm looking for as far as peg/bolts.....so I'll go that route for now....

Doh! For some daft reason I assumed that yours was a Gen II...sorry. Promise to pay more attention in future.

Adam,
Take the pain out of it and get Paul to advise. Squirt him an email...he'll sort you out I'm sure.

Back