Generation 1 & 2 Vibration Bars

Here's something I came across while looking for luggage, or rather a tankbag that would match the tailbags I plan on purchasing. These appear to be designed so that vibration is canceled by means of a shock of sorts. I can see some disparity for those wanting to utalize it on a Sport-oriented application as it would likely not give a stable feel (in my opinion) to the front end with any amount of wheelies and lofting the front, or it might not give a precise feeling in the twisties. But that is one extreme end of the bike capabilities. For Cruising, comuting, distance, and touring I think it would be great and quell that last bit of vibration. www.sw-motech.com is the supplier, click on ergonomics

Last edited:
wow... that seems like a overly hi-tech way to solve a simple problem...

if you're looking for a much easier fix... look into the bar snake... or even easier than that.... go to your local gun-supply and buy a container of lead shot.. and fill the bars with it...

Interesting. I've never felt the buzz of vibration in my hands after riding my Fz1. I think Yamaha has done a good job in that area. Not that one cannot feel the engine through the bars, just that it's pretty suppressed and not a bother to me. Anybody else find handlebar buzz a problem?:sport12:

Same here, no vibration or numbness issues. Most folks I know just fill the bar with expanding foam and put it all back together. Old trick...

Back