Gen2. Hi temp displayed, immobiliser flashing. Won’t start..?

Delta

Hi guys I have a problem. Gen2 2007 bike.
Was out yesterday and the bike was fine. It started and run ok on two start/stop trips up/down the motorway. I parked up in a service station the last time and after being left for an hour it wouldn’t re-start..
Key in ignition alarm turned off ready to start and Hi temperature is displayed on the dash panel along with the key symbol flashing red.
I read a similar problem on a google search on a R1 forum. It says immobiliser wire damaged or broken or pick up ring behind ignition key. Some say it could be the chip in the key even?
Broken immobiliser wire near top rad mount also. Could it even be the after market data tool alarm??
Ok so has anyone else had the same problem and found a fix?
I’m asking before I dive in and take it apart.
I also fitted a new clutch cable the day before, could that be the reason, di I break a wire or damage a wire? As I say it ran ok the next day for hours then wouldn’t start again after it was parked up for an hour at the services on the motorway.
Any help you be much appreciated guys.
Thank you Delta.

Update.
Ok the red master key starts the bike fine.
I got a new blank black key, had it cut from the red master.
Tried to programme the new key but it still does the Hi temp flashing and the immobiliser red light still flashes. Like it won’t program or I’m doing it wrong from the videos on YouTube.
Any ideas guys or do you know the right procedure for the gen 2 fz1 ?
Thanks
Delta

Where did you get the new black key from? if from the states, they don't have the imobilizer and there won't be a chip in that key.

Have you tried re-doing your original black key from the red master key?

Here is the process from the service manual, page 8-83 and 8-84 has the info you need. 8-85 and 86 have the error codes and what they mean.

Attachments

• key registration.JPG
    key registration.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for that I’ll give it a go and let you know if it works
It’s doing my head in so any help is muchly appriesiated cheers.
Delta

I tried that way of programming and it didn’t work..
I just tried clicking n tha manual and I get some virgin media junk.
I also have a code 52 what says headlight relay but the bike has an hid headlight fitted and that works just fine. I’m stumped, I guess I’ll have to ask the bike shop to do it. Grrr pain in the butt, nothing is easy eh lol

Hi there fella, I’ve got two keys cloned from my red master key. Which turns out to be not the real master key..! Looks like when I bought the bike 2nd hand someone must of bought a red coloured key and put the chip in from one of the black keys. That’s the reason I couldn’t program the new key. No problem now as I have 3 working keys and as long as I’ve got a working key I can get more cut if I loose one or one looses the program on the chip like the only black key I had did.
The auto locksmith says it must of been near a strong magnet and it got wiped. If I lost the only fake red key I’d of been in trouble, I’d need new ecu and new locks etc. It’s nice to have the master key buy with today’s tech you can just get a new key cut and then clone the program from a working key.
Oh and thank you for the manual offer buddy. I’ve bought one from eBay on a cd disc.
Thank you everyone for your input
Delta.

Glad you got it sorted.

If you did get stuck and had to buy a new ECU, get one from the states, they don't use the imobilizer, so you don't need the chip in your key for them!

Had a similar problem. Its battery
Changed battery, everything is fine now

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

Back