Gen II fan switch

Ahhhh thank you so much!!! I had found the wiring diagram online also, but couldn't figure how to switch it to trip the relay.

Thank you so much for clarifying, and for taking the time and effort to respond.

I'll double check the wiring over the weekend and post back if successful or not.

Cheers

No problem mate, good luck with the modification.

I was able to short the grey wire to the battery negative terminal, which caused the fans to come on :)

My only issue is that I wanted to place the switch on the left inner panel, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the grey wire from the fan relay runs to. I've looked at the wiring harnesses under the inner panels and cannot see the grey wire anywhere. According to the circuit diagrams the fan ground wire is positioned next to two yellow wires, one with a black tracer and one with a blue tracer.

Any ideas guys?

It goes to the ECU which is under the front of the Airbox.

Sent from my HTC_X9u using Tapatalk

Gah! I took a look and can't seem to get to the ECU without removing the airbox, which seems like overkill. I might have to resort to tapping in to the wire at the relay itself, under the seat. The relay connector has proven to be a real PITA to remove. There is VERY little room to play with under there, and I haven't been able to release the connector to be able to tap the wire.

I took a male Spade terminal and stuck it in the back of the connector. You may have to bend it slightly to make it fit tight.

Spade connector did the job, thanks! Jammed it into the relay block and it seems to hold fairly snug.

I installed the switch on the tank cover temporarily until I decide exactly where I want it.

Thanks again for the replies and the help :)

Seems to me that after a motorcycle (Or any engine with a radiator) has stopped running the coolant will not be circulating. So a fan running after the fact will cool the coolant in the radiator and not the coolant surrounding the engine. A box fan aimed directly at the engine may well cool it some but really that's why they have an expansion tank. Just my 2c.

Back