GEN I Electrical Hookup to Rear Turn Signals

Hi everyone,

I bought a used bike and the guy hooked up his own integrated turn signals using OEM electrical and just splicing into the rear brake lights.

I got the rear brake lights to act as ONLY brake lights now (black, blue, yellow wire).

My question is -- How do you hook up the rear turn signals? I have only three leads; brown, black, green (?). I'm assuming that the front turn signals have three because they are acting as running lights. Do the OEM turn signals also act as running lights, or just turn signals? If so, how do the pigtails come out of the signal (I don't have any at this point...)? Where do they hook up?

Thanks -
Luke

Also - Anyone have some OEM signals that want to sell? I really don't want to spend much on these, but I need DOT approved to pass inspection in VA.

Would the Gen II signals work on a Gen I so long as it is hooked up correctly?

There is a brw/blk (left) and grn/blk (right) that should be just before the brake light wiring.

The rear signals are not used as running -- only indicators, but anything is possible......

check your PM.

Last edited:
if you end up needing some gen1 OEM rears pm me, I don't need them...Only issue would be shipping costs from Canada, but they're available to you

Back