Gen 11 Engine Mods

I've recently rebuilt my gen 2 engine after having the crank lightened/knife edged everything was then balanced. An R1 head gasket was fitted to lift the compression and I tried a set of R1 cams but the exhaust cam will not work so had to run the standard exhaust cam. Has anyone else tried these mods or can offer a solution to the exhaust cam

The bike runs great with the R1/fz combination pulls like a train right up to the redline, but now its silky smooth, just spins up nice and crisp as it should have been, just need to improve rear grip as I highsiddd it out of Charlie's at cadwell park, what a muppet. Just wondered if anyone else had tried any of these mods.

The bike runs great with the R1/fz combination pulls like a train right up to the redline, but now its silky smooth, just spins up nice and crisp as it should have been, just need to improve rear grip as I highsiddd it out of Charlie's at cadwell park, what a muppet. Just wondered if anyone else had tried any of these mods.
I've recently rebuilt my gen 2 engine after having the crank lightened/knife edged everything was then balanced. An R1 head gasket was fitted to lift the compression and I tried a set of R1 cams but the exhaust cam will not work so had to run the standard exhaust cam. Has anyone else tried these mods or can offer a solution to the exhaust cam
How did u get it to work I have 2004 r1 block fz1 pistons r1 head gasket fz head but the bike will not start it sounds like it has no compression

With the r1 head gasket I have to change the intake cam

Back