Gen 1 Naked Conversion Questions

I just finished reading through about 12 different Naked Conversion threads focusing on the Gen 1, but I have yet to see much detail on how to move the gauges up into a suitable place on the bike.

I saw one guy who welded his own custom mounting plate, but that is not an option for most people, and the rest did not show how they mounted the gauges, just showed an "after" pic showing them already moved into place.

From what I can gather there is no "pre-fabbed" unit you can purchase anywhere for moving the gauges from the frame to the forks.

Does anyone remember seeing any details on moving those gauges, from what I can see it seems like the hardest part of going naked on the Gen 1.

nope. I decided to not go naked a while ago because i do like the little bit of wind protection I get in the winter.

Ok so as far as you know there is no way to mount the instrument cluster without custom welding a mount? I am trying to go naked because by brother crashed my bike and cracked the faring. It looks like crap lol.

Not that I have found, no. I did see one guy who basically just ran hi bike without the front fairing, looking like an insect, was interesting.

Back