Gday All

Gday all.
New here after upgrading to an Fz1s last week. Sorry to see the fz6n and the trx850 go but i wanted to downsize while upsizing if that makes sense :D
Nothing interesting to add - just checking in for now.
Looking forward to clocking up some km on this one, so if anyone around southeast qld is up for a quick scoot, let me know.
Cheers,
Cam.

thanks Billy. i reckon first order of business will be that bloody trashcan of an exhaust but overall im pretty impressed with it "as is" as far as looks and performance are concerned. at least for now :D take care :D

Welcome and congrats! We've got a bunch of us who have come from the FZ6 or other 600cc class machines. Thus far, only one that I know of has regretted it and went back! I really enjoyed the FZ6 machines (I had an '05 then an '08) but the FZ1 is just such a better quality machine. Wish it had a bigger gas tank but otherwise, zero complaints!

Thanks guys. Not quite used to that top end rush over 6000rpm yet as I've been mostly riding around under 5000 so far but it's nice to know I've got all that to look forward to once I'm ready haha. The fz6 was a little more jerky but also a lot more forgiving in the twisties whereas the Trx had a really smooth power band and a low centre of gravity that was damn near impossible to come unstuck on. The fz1 is my first litre bike so for now I'm taking it easy. My first bike was a virago (yuck) followed soon after by a gs500 that was a lot of fun until it was taken out at 100kmph by a driver who wasn't paying attention. Bike was a write off but I did what any young bloke in my situation would do - bought a bigger, faster one with the insurance cheque. I've only been riding for a little over 2 years but in that time I've racked up over 40000km on 4 bikes. I'm addicted. It's true.

Welcome Aussie, we go out for a scoot round Mt Mee, Mt Glorius, Mt Lindsay or Canungrah. Just beware the revenue raisers! If I make it back to Brissy tomorrow, I'll flick you a mail to join us as Saturday is promising to be a sunny day - Woo-Hoo!
By the way, I just ordered my Yoshi TRC slip-on from JC Motors - also had to get rid of the "huge canon". See ya on the road mate.

Thanks mate but this weekend is full of working for me :( Monday and Tuesday are my best days which make it hard I know. For anything else I usually need to wangle a day off. I've been reading that new exhausts dO away with a valve of some sort... Is this going hurt the bike do you know?

Hi there, welcome to the forums!
The bike won't notice (well in a bad way) if you get rid of the exup valve. The main thing to remember is that if you fit a whole new exhaust it will need a PCIII or PC5, but if it's a slip-on muffler only (leave the stock headers on) you don't need a PCIII or PC5.

I did what any young bloke in my situation would do - bought a bigger, faster one with the insurance cheque.

Hahaha... thats exactly what i did, a lady destroyed my ninja, put me in hospital for a week, then i went out and got me a 08 FZ1N with the insurance claim and have never looked back.:australia:

Hahaha.... Yeah 21 sounds good Jes.

I am thinking of changing the pipe on my bike but have no idea what to get. Want something a bit deep throaty but legal. Some of the pipes I have seen on the newer FZ'd look like recycled rubbish bins.

That is probably the only thing I would change.

I might just be able to help you on the slip on soon, started with a full R77 system and the can got dented by a drunk bum, purchased a TRC slip on and used the can and sold the R77 with new link pipe as a slip on. I find the TRC a bit loud so have a TRS slip on coming just for the can. Will try both cans back to back and sell the one I do not want with the slip on link pipe springs etc. Although neither will be legal.

Back