garage door opener

I simply put a spare remote in my right front pocket(inside a zip-lock) and tap my chest using my left hand as I pull up close to my home. The door has time to fully open as I coast into the Fizzer-cave:sport12:

I simply put a spare remote in my right front pocket(inside a zip-lock) and tap my chest using my left hand as I pull up close to my home. The door has time to fully open as I coast into the Fizzer-cave:sport12:

I used to do that till the wifey lost it. Then we were gonna buy 2 but it was freaking expensive for 2 remotes.
Supposedly this won't allow any other access to your door.

I do the same thing, but without the zip lock baggie. Also makes it easy to grab when I am in the house since I keep my motorcycle jacket in the living room.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution.

I use 3 methods.
#1. Call the wife and ask he to open the door before I arrive (Sena SMH10 makes it easy)
#2. I have a keychain remote, but it is flakey
#3. I have a touch pad that is easy to access next to the garage.

I leave the side door to the garage open and hang a spare opener on a tucked away ladder next to the door. Leave the bike running and dismount. Walk 10 feet and open the door.

I use this approach. Works about 20% of the time, so I wouldn't call it perfectly reliable. In case of failure, I just open it myself.

[video=youtube;8dR6t2zCLaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dR6t2zCLaA[/video]

Back