FZ1S tail on an FZ1N?

hi, has anyone put a fazer tail on a naked? i would like the grab rails and better pillion seat for the other half for long touring journeys but i have read that it is not a simple swap. cant find any details on how different it is or find anyone that has done it with pictures etc.

any help would be appreciated regarding what parts i need and roughly how much it would cost

i am quite good mechanically and was wondering if i could just buy the tail piece and "make it fit"

cheers

Hi & welcome
not sure myself but other than the subframe I'm sure every thing else would match up ,, as a thought could you purchase tail / subframe from a breakers and just bolt the lot on

Did a swap from FZ1S to N rear.
The subframe is the same. The cross braces are different as is the undertray and various bolts.
Important parts are those cross braces! The main one has the rider seat and rear seat hooks integrated. Can make an FZ1S main brace fit with an N tail with creative use of washers but not the other way around.

Part 6 Here
1_1.png

60, 62 and 27 Here
3_2.png

Plus associated bolts, dampers and such of course...

Last edited:
Try these links instead. Added bonus with the part numbers.

Did a swap from FZ1S to N rear.
The subframe is the same. The cross braces are different as is the undertray and various bolts.
Important parts are those cross braces! The main one has the rider seat and rear seat hooks integrated. Can make an FZ1S main brace fit with an N tail with creative use of washers but not the other way around.

Part 6 Here
2014 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS10E) Seat | Part Shark

60, 62 and 27 Here
2014 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS10E) Fender | Part Shark

Plus associated bolts, dampers and such of course...

Last edited:
Cheers, looks like an expensive job! might just get the pillion seat built up and re shaped and fashion my own grab handle at work to stop her sliding into me under braking!

Back