FZ1N with FZ8 tail

Very cool! How much needs to be swapped out to make this work? Are the sub-frames the same between the two bikes and just needs parts swapped out?

Nice job and I'm anxious to see the end result!

Very cool! How much needs to be swapped out to make this work? Are the sub-frames the same between the two bikes and just needs parts swapped out?

Nice job and I'm anxious to see the end result!

I have an FZ8 and they have a different subframe from The FZ1. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

I have an FZ8 and they have a different subframe from The FZ1. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

This looks cool.
I can't wait to see how this turns out. Keep up the great work!!!

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product as well. If it entails replacing the subframe as well then it may be cheaper/easier to remove the passenger grab rails on the stock bike and get a Copperdog cowl. I know the rear section would have to be repainted after filling in the holes for the grab rails, but it may be an easier project.

Should be interesting when facing off with another 'FZ8' :spank2:

Can't wait to see the tail on. Does the 8 come in the same color?

If it entails replacing the subframe as well then it may be cheaper/easier to remove the passenger grab rails on the stock bike and get a Copperdog cowl. I know the rear section would have to be repainted after filling in the holes for the grab rails, but it may be an easier project.

FZ1N tail is relatively straight forward compared to the 8 and a few hundred bucks cheaper too.

Can't wait to see the tail on. Does the 8 come in the same color?

FZ1N tail is relatively straight forward compared to the 8 and a few hundred bucks cheaper too.

US market FZ8 only come in black...

Yea, I would think the FZ1N tail conversion would be easier, but since it (FZ1N) was never imported into the US you have to source the parts out of the country and the shipping may eat up any savings on the parts themselves.

Thanks everyone! Well its all a long story, I started the project back in August of 2010 and did everything in my sig at once, you know fz1n conversion and all and started ordering fz8 tail stuff. Well got stuff here and there as I could afford and then the tsunami hit and there was a shut down so some parts came and some were on back order. You need a new sub frame, batt tray, plastics, tank bracket, if I knew exactly what I needed it would have been much easier, ive become very experienced at micro fiche and ordered all parts through parts shark, btw there very good, cheapest prices for parts by far. If anyone has any qu dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks everyone! Well its all a long story, I started the project back in August of 2010 and did everything in my sig at once, you know fz1n conversion and all and started ordering fz8 tail stuff. Well got stuff here and there as I could afford and then the tsunami hit and there was a shut down so some parts came and some were on back order. You need a new sub frame, batt tray, plastics, tank bracket, if I knew exactly what I needed it would have been much easier, ive become very experienced at micro fiche and ordered all parts through parts shark, btw there very good, cheapest prices for parts by far. If anyone has any qu dont hesitate to ask.

This project is very cool! I have an FZ8 headlight assembly on my 07 FZ6, everyone asks "what IS that thing?" Hopefully you'll get the same satisfaction, and get to eat some FZ8s for lunch in the process!

swap

I wondering if the seat will match the tank outline using a fz8 seat? I went with carbon fiber mono shell with used sub frame from eBay I got for 100.

Back