FZ1 Owner again

Here's my story

This mess started when my wife decided she wanted to ride 2 up (she has her own bike)...I HATE riding double on anything. We sat on a FJR, and decided to trade my Gen1 FZ1 in on it (Gen 1 FZ1's are my all time favorite bikes I've had 2)..I never felt "right" with the FJR, we both hated 2up on it (or anything else), I never "connected with it in 15K miles, seemed "top heavy" at slow speeds (in town etc.) that wasn't a big problem, but it wasn't me...Mean time I bought a Versys (my wife has one) and I was riding hers so much, she told me to buy my own. Great bike, I like it a lot, but "it ain't a FZ1".....Now it gets real "ugly/stupid"...Years ago we had a Harley Fat Boy, and rode a ton of miles 2 up on it because she didn't have her license. Somehow we decided that's what we need...We bought it, and I didn't sleep for 2 nights. We still have it, but were going to try and sell it (I know good luck) but I think we can sell it cheap enough to get rid of it.

But now I have a Gen1 FZ1 again with only 3K miles on it, and I'm happy as heck... Be heading for the gap on it shortly. I put 330 miles on it today...

Except for the 2-up thing that's what happened to me. I traded a 2009 FZ1 for a leftover 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14. The thing was a lemon. I traded that in for a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14. This time I got a great bike. It rides beautifully. But I still missed the light and flickable FZ1 so I bought a new leftover 2008 FZ1 to join the C14. The universe is once again balanced.

Back