FZ1 on the Drag Strip

Hey Guys,

New to the forum but wanted to share my video with other FZ1 owners.

I went to the drags last night to settle the score with my Dad over a 3 year argument we have had. Whose bike is faster, his Suzuki Hayabusa or my Yamaha FZ1.

At the end of the 5 runs the fastest times were:
FZ1- 10.189
Hayabusa- 10.158

So he just got me, but damn I was impressed with my time on the FZ1. Really didn't think it would be capable of 10.1.

Have a look at the on-board video here:
[video=youtube_share;GKpTi7KNjUI]http://youtu.be/GKpTi7KNjUI[/video]

http://youtu.be/GKpTi7KNjUI

What mods does your FZ1 have?

Hey Stuuk1,

My mods are:
PERFORMANCE-
Yoshimura Full Titanium TRC Exhaust System, K&N High-Flow Air Filter, Graves Velocity Stacks, Ivan's Fuel Cut Eliminator, Exup Eliminator, Dynojet PCV, ECU flashed by ECUnleashed, Venhill Braided Brake Lines

AESTHETICS-
Vortex Rear Sprocket (45T), DID Gold Chain, Narva Platinum Blue Headlight, Blue Taillight Lens, Custom designed pillion seat, Protaper Fat-bars (Metal Mulisha Edition), Rizoma Fat Bar Clamps

I run my own motorbike dyno tuning shop here in Adelaide (www.JDRperformance.com.au) so the FZ1 has spent a fair bit of time on there fine tuning the fuel maps and experimenting with mods.

I did a 10.3 down the 1/4 with the bike as I ride it every day. To get the 10.1 I had to strap the front down (compress the forks) to get a better launch.

I love the drags. That may be the quickest time posted for a gen2.
Get back out there and give us a vid of a pass in the 9s.
stay safe!
edit- I had to look, a member of the OA has a 10.06 posted.

Last edited:
That's exactly why I put the bet on the table haha.

And it was being ridden by my dad who is a good rider but it was also our first time at the drags. An experienced drag racer could do 9's on it without a doubt.

The Hayabusa was ahead of its time back in 1999.

Very cool. It's surprised me how fast these bikes are.

You got a much better launch on your best run of the night, it didn't bog down too much at launch.

Back