FZ1-N For sale Qld

R1Gazza

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately and regretably I have to sell my FZ1-N due to loss of license. Qld has a new law that carries mandatory punishment for "evading police" introduced by the current idiot running Qld as a premier. (this bloke is depriving a village of an idiot)

If found guilty of evading police its an instant 2 year disqualification and a $5500.00 fine minimum. (the law was introduced silently 3 days prior to my offence)

All i can say is to avoid police you first have to know they are in pursuit, it's a long story and dont want to go into it publically but I received sympathy from the judge who waved the fine but was powerless to do anything about the mandatory disqualification.

Anyway if you know anyone interested in a "tricked up" but immaculate one owner FZ1-N point them to the Gumtree link below.

A full description and a list of all the mods is in the add and I would help to ship the bike anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1027161286

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the info on the link which i have corrected now, and if i dont get the money i will end up keeping the bike and probably have a bit of occasional fun on the track.

Bummer sorry to hear that. Sure you could beat it with a fist full of $$ to throw at a top notch lawyer but who's got that? My brother got done 20 yrs ago, cop said he was running. The cop caught my brother drinking coffee at a look out! Sure he was running.

If found guilty of evading police its an instant 2 year disqualification and a $5500.00 fine minimum. (the law was introduced silently 3 days prior to my offence)

Bummer R1Gazza, a mandatory 2 year ban sucks big time. It shits me too that the pollies have taken the discretion away from the much more experienced Magistrates just to garner a few votes by saying "look at me I'm tough on hoons".

Couldn't you argue that you didn't evade the police at all. I mean if you had done so successfully you wouldn't have ended up in court. ;)

That sux Gazza. 2 years is a long time.
I'd sell it and buy a track bike.
You have to get your fix somehow and track days are freaking awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9300

that sucks. Typically lawmakers doing'. Also here you are expected to read daily any new law/changes the lawmakers publish...under condition you'd understand their legal language.

I'd too would keep the bike and use it on some trackdays. 2 years will pass.

I reckon the bike will depreciate by about $2k in 2 years. If you got let off a $5k fine then wearing $2k depreciation might be ok.

Assuming you could be bashed down to $9.5k now & will buy another bike when you get your license back, if you think your bike in current condition is worth $7.5k in 2 years then might be worth keeping it.

And you can use it on the track in between to get your bike fix.

Last edited:
Back