FZ-1 tires??

I have an '02 FZ-1 and am gonna get new tires this season. I look at the threads here.

I am gonna do Keith Code's Superbike training school. Boy, am I excited.

They have a deal on the Dunlop Qualifier 2 tire.

Any opinion or experience?

Thanks, Bob

its a quality tire and you should have no troubles for a track day...

I use Q2's on both of my bikes, my 675 track bike and my 999 street. I cannot say enough good things about the tire it handles great on the track and the street wet or dry. You do sacrifice milage for performance. I have done 1 CSS day and 4 track days on my current 675 set not sure if I can get another track day out of the rear tire but I will try.

Last edited:
I have Metzler Sporttec M3 on my GenII, love them. They seem to be lasting as well as anything else, and they handle very well. They feel very very grippy in turns and don't break loose on dry pavement, as my OE tires were prone to do from time to time. They lean over nicely and really inspire confidence. All the reviews seem to say it's very similar to a Pilot Road 2 but priced better.

tires are not for course

I omitted to say that the tires are NOT for the course. We use their bikes. They offer a deal on the tires for students. I ride on the street only and do not race.

Thanks-

Bob

The Q2 is great for the street, you need to decide what you are looking for. Most of the tires available today will do a great job on the street lots of options for the FZ1. I know a lot of board members choose the sport touring models for the longer tread life.

Q2's have awesome grip but man they wear fast on the street.
If you do a fair bit of commuting then the rear centre wears out real fast.
They are an excellent tyre though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Q2's are a awesome trackday/Hi po street tire. Iuse them on my track bike and the do a amazing job for the price. I have used them on my Gen 2 for the street and they lasted approximately 2 thousand miles. I now run Bridgestone BT 16''s on the street and get an addition 1000 miles out of the back tire. They will also do a fantastic job on the track. On the track they will give up grip before the Q2's but you have to push them pretty hard.

I just purchased my second replacement rear tire and went with Michelin Pilot Road 3 (again). Had 8K miles on the previous tire (also a PR3) when I got a nasty puncture/slice. Tires were still looking great, and the dual compound was doing its job keeping the "squaring" down while still offering me grip through the curves and in the rain.

Back