Fuel gauge stuck on full!

Hi,

New to the threads here, but I've owned my Fz1S for nearly a year now and had no problem except last weekend.
Took my '06 Fz for a weekend camping trip and on the return journey the digital fuel gauge decided it was always full.
Not fun when I didn't take any notice of the KM's I'd done and ended up on the side of the road with no petrol.......
So on the way up the gauge worked fine, its just on the way back it is stuck on full.
Now I have checked the amount in the tank and the fuel is about half way, I found the plug on the bottom of the fuel tank and measured the resistance of the fuel sender it was about 50 Ohms.
Any ideas why the fuel gauge is stuck on high???

Thanks

Hi,

New to the threads here, but I've owned my Fz1S for nearly a year now and had no problem except last weekend.
Took my '06 Fz for a weekend camping trip and on the return journey the digital fuel gauge decided it was always full.
Not fun when I didn't take any notice of the KM's I'd done and ended up on the side of the road with no petrol.......
So on the way up the gauge worked fine, its just on the way back it is stuck on full.
Now I have checked the amount in the tank and the fuel is about half way, I found the plug on the bottom of the fuel tank and measured the resistance of the fuel sender it was about 50 Ohms.
Any ideas why the fuel gauge is stuck on high???

Thanks

Get ur fuel sender checked, the float cld b stuck. Did mine wks ago n its back to normal.
Fyi: u cld diy too

Back