fuel cutoff

I'm going to ask a question now that I'm sure's been asked a thousand times before so feel free to point me to another thread but if you're going to chastise me :bowdown: please be gentle as I'm a newbie here and I've only had my FZ1 for a week.
Whenever I wind back (slow down) a little on the throttle it feels like the fuels been cut from the engine and it goes into full on engine braking which doesn't help in trying to ride smoothly. I've heard bits and bobs about a fueling issue and I guess this is it. So what's the recommended way to resolve this? Is it a Power Commander or some other third party add-on?

Any suggestions are welcome.
Bye the way I really do like this bike :yes:

Very simple. The fuel IS being cut in the intake track. The solution is simple as well. Get the Fuel Cut Off Eliminator from Ivan's and that will solve it. No further mod needed although lots more fun stuff you can do. The "FCE" is inexpensive and one of the first things you should do. Do a search on the forum for FCE or fuel cut off and you should find lots of info.

Thanks Deacon. I've just been to Ivans performance web site and there seems to be a whole list of mods to improve this bike. Ivans FCE comes in at about AU$215 whereas a power commander is about AU$250. Does the power commander do the same thing or is Ivans mod the only gadget to solve this problem? And what add-ons do people recommend to turn this bike into a rocket :sport12:

FCE: concensus is that it is needed on 2006 and maybe 2007 models. Less so on 2008 and above. Ivan is a recognized master. The PCIII does not take care of the "Fuel cut" problem.

Concensus mods in order are, 1) slip on,gut front cat 2)Change front sprocket to a 16 tooth(this will throw off your speedo and you may want a "Speedohealer")3)Lar's airbox mod, BMC or K&N filter, smaller secondary "flies"--do the PCIII at the same time. 4)Ignition module

Ivan sells all in packages

After engine is done, suspension work is considered--and bling too

My friend has a 06 with Ivans FCE and I have a 07 with out the FCE. We swap bikes frequently and can't tell the difference. I wouldn't say the FCE is a must have but I am sure others would disagree. If it where me I would take the 200 bucks the FCE runs and put it toward a power commander.

I have an 08' model, and I didn't notice fuel cutoff until one day about a month or two after buying the bike new. I discovered the dreaded delay by accident as I was getting "frisky" out on a long straight one day, and I was getting more confident with the bike. It wasn't a deal breaker, but the FCE cured it, and now I don't have to worry about it. If I hadn't revved it up, rolled back, then re-applied throttle that way, that day, I might not have found it. It was just one of those right moments to highlight the glitch. I'm glad I spent the money on Ivan's stuff...and the Yosh full exhaust...along with our great "free" mods too. Bike runs awesome.

Back