fs 2007 FZ1 (1,600 miles w/extras) make me an offer

mwilkins21

hi im selling my 2007 black fz1. its got just over 1,600 miles and has already had the first service done(of course) and has a 2bros aluminum slip on exhaust,extended frame sliders,a carbon pro grip tank pad,gutted header cat,removed secondaries,air-box mod and is in incredible shape with no issues. never been laid down or dropped. taking offers at the momen until i get a offer good enough to put money with it to pay the bike off :(. i still have all the stock parts to go with it. thanks. i will try to post pics once i find someones digital to use .lol

Always helps to post up some pictures. And I think you should really put up at least an asking price. If someone is serious about buying it then this way they have a good idea of where you stand on the price. Otherwise all you might get are ridiculous offers like $4k or so. Good luck with the sale :)

Unfortunate that you have to sell it! You're better off to take off what mods you can and sell it stock then sell the mods piece-meal in the forums. ;)

Here's the KBB on the bike...

2007 Yamaha FZ1 Value
Send this page to a friend Email
Bookmark
March 15, 2010

* 4-Cylinders
* 4-Stroke
* 998cc

Suggested Retail Value $5905

It sounds like a pretty decent bike and I'm sure it is worth more than you're likely to get unless you find the right buyer. Gutting the CAT and the flys may cost you if the buyer is looking for a stock bike. I think you'd be far beter off to restore it to as stock a condition as you can, then get it listed on Ebay or something like that.

You have not ridden it much. Why you selling?

Research his threads from a while back and you may under stand. To give you the readers digest version; His squid buddies made fun of the naked bike (they all rode "real sportbikes"). He gave in to peer presure and got a hayabusa, crashed it, was injured. Insurance rates are probably very high for a liter-bike now. That should sum it up. Unfortunate situation all around and he has my sympathy.
Lesson to be had: Ride what you want at a pace not exceeding your ability, cheaper in the long run.

Price/pictures?

Hello, I'm new to this forum because I've just decided to buy an FZ1. My last bike (just sold) was an '06 Triumph Sprint ST, previous 4 bikes were GSX-R1000s. I stumbled across your for sale thread and started browsing the forums for a while. I see an '07 black/red FZ1 in 1 of your other threads. Is this the one you're selling? Can you put up some more pics and give a ballpark price? I'm planning on buying this week, already have it narrowed down to 2 different graphite '08s, but I'd be interested in yours as well. Let me know soon!

What you didn't like about the sprint st? It was my other alternative to the FZ1 but out of my price range.

I really liked the Sprint and selling it was a tough decision. The hard luggage was very useful and looked clean, unlike aftermarket boxes or soft bags. I liked the torque, sound, and character from the 3-cylinder engine but also secretly lusted for the whine of an inline-4 that I was used to. It had plenty of torque but started to run out of steam around 9k RPM.

sorry guys i havent had a chance to get on.. basically im selling because of insurance and yamaha financing is f'n me over bad every 100 i pay theres 55 in finance charges..wtf but i just checked and i owe 6500 on it so as close as i can get the better! i promise you this is basically a brand new bike

Jerm that is a deal i would probably do but i actually found a dealer that would give me 5500 trade in on my bike which i what i wanted and i traded for a 2009 suzuki boulevard M50.. i know what your thinking WTF but im a big guy and kinda liked cruisers but had never rode one because i had the mentality cruisers were for old men and fags but i rode a couple and fell in love immediatly. Thanks guys

Back