FS: '08 Buell 1125R w/ warranty until 1/2014

For sale, 2008 Buell 1125R, 3,2XX miles, in excellent condition; includes five year factory warranty. Many 2009 updates done including: speedometer, throttle bodies, fuel injectors, and intake runners. Clutch slave and clutch pack has just been updated to the newest version, revision 3. ECM has the most recent, third, flash. Fresh set of Pirelli Corsa IIIs, less than 50 miles on the front tire, about 400 miles on the rear tire.

Options include Buell 5mm slotted front brake rotor, and EBC HH front brake pads, installed about 500 miles ago, Buell "Kick Ash" tinted windscreen, and two bottles of Buell blue touch up paint. New EBC HH rear pad in package. Other options include American Sportbike seat pin kit, no more wrenches required to remove the seat.

This bike comes with a factory extended warranty through January of 2014. This warranty covers the bike from head to toe, simply show the warranty card. Warranty also includes tire and wheel warranty. If you get nail in a tire, you get a new Pirelli Corsa III, no questions asked.

Always serviced at Cowboy Harley Davidson of Austin.

You’ll be hard pressed to find an 1125R that is this up to date, and sorted this well.

$6,200.00 OBO. Cash, or cashier’s check only. Test rides only with cash.

I’m buying a house and need to thin the herd.

Just in time for ROT Rally, drive in, pick it up and drive home!

View attachment 3201

View attachment 3202

View attachment 3203

Last edited:
Sweet! How do you compare the riding experience with the FZ1?

Hard not to notice that "thinning herd" means the Buell goes but the FZ1 stays. That tells me something.

I'll admit I'm attracted to the Buell. Is Harley going to honor the service contract now that Buell is no more?

BTW: Thanks for your service. I work at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.

Sweet! How do you compare the riding experience with the FZ1?

Hard not to notice that "thinning herd" means the Buell goes but the FZ1 stays. That tells me something.

I'll admit I'm attracted to the Buell. Is Harley going to honor the service contract now that Buell is no more?

BTW: Thanks for your service. I work at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.

The two bikes are totally different. The Buell is a true sportbike. Granted it doesn't have the crazy ridding position of a Duc 1098, but it is a sportbike. The FZ1 is soft and pudgy in comparison. The Buell as has a mid-range hit that is amazing, just twist and goooooo! The chassis is also the best I've ever ridden; rock solid frame and swing arm.

HD is required by law to support the bike for seven years. So until then an owner is good. My local HD shop is great when I do need service. They are THE best in customer service. The four brand shops can learn a lot from HD.

For now I want an all-a-round bike until we get this house thing out of the way, then I'm hunting for a dedicated track bike. Ideally a 250 two stroke, an Aprilia RS250 would be perfect. In reality it will probably be a GSXR 600 or an R6. With the stock market going to crap last month I'm selling a few things to raise some more cash. I don't want to sell stock right now so the Buell is being sold.

Last edited:
Back