FRP Sports Scoop replica

Took me quite a bit of effort, but I managed to replicate a FRP version of the Sport Scoops. Got it moulded from an original piece.

The only that's not right is the paintjob. I don't have the codes so I took it to a local paintshop that just couldn't get it quite right. I'm thinking of getting it repainted soon.

Take note that the work just doesn't involve the scoops alone though.

I also had to go to the trouble of finding bolts and nuts to mount it on. The original sport scoops come with some silicone washers, and 4 special spacer nuts, 'cos the things ain't flush against the radiator. That, and the removable plastic rivets that mount it to the frame. In the end, I chose to tap the frame with a helicoil and screwed the scoops in.

Silicone washers

And the spacer bolts

Nice work, To bad of the colour.

Yes sadly.

I had to repaint the fender too because the huge Stebel horn that I installed under the triple tree came off the mountings at over 100 MPH (must've been the vibrations) and slammed down and swung about, scratching it badly.

Same bad red paintjob.

Right now I'm thinking of getting a belly pan for the bike to match the scoops.

Do I get this....
DolfFZ1.jpg

or this?
353_3.jpg

353_2.jpg

Yes sadly.

I had to repaint the fender too because the huge Stebel horn that I installed under the triple tree came off the mountings at over 100 MPH (must've been the vibrations) and slammed down and swung about, scratching it badly.

Same bad red paintjob.

Right now I'm thinking of getting a belly pan for the bike to match the scoops.

Do I get this....
DolfFZ1.jpg

or this?
353_3.jpg

353_2.jpg
hola, la moto ha quedado guapisima, no se donde podria encontrar las sport scoop para mi fz1, si me pudieras ayudar en conseguir, soy de españa, palma de mallorca, gracias.

Back