Front Upper Fairing Vibration

Hey all. Before I start tearing into the front fairing to locate what's loose, is anyone here familiar with a particular area that might be causing vibration sounds coming from the front upper fairing?

It doesn't appear to be the mirrors or the windscreen. I've had the retro kit on for a while but it now sounds like something's vibrating in the upper.

Just thought I'd check if there was somewhere common to loosen up before using the blue thread-locker on all the screws/bolts.

Thanks

Thanks! I checked that, but it wasn't it. I'm going to have to pull off the inner panels and see if something's loose.

That give me a chance to clean the whole thing perfectly for this month anyway!

Thanks again.

b

Check this

Check the connectors for the front signal lights. The big block connectors were sitting against the inside of the front fairing and the high frequency vibrations were making a lot of noise around 4500 rpm. I fixed it with a few zip ties and a bit of silicone tape. Just a thought.

Yeah let us know what you come up with. I've got the infamous vent vibration AND another vibration I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. Sometimes it seems to go away if I hold on to my left mirror, which is noticeably looser than the right (the folding mechanism, not the actual mount) but I'm not sure that's it either. Will probably make a winter project out of fixing all the annoying noises the right way.

Back